Below are a few commonly asked questions and answers. Note: Electricity is not a hobby!
Always have a licensed electrician perform any electrical work.

Q: What do I do if plugs/lights go off in my house ?

A: Check your fuse or circuit breaker box. To do this, open the cover and identify the circuit that is not working by the identification chart if the fuse or breaker is not marked. If you have a fuse panel, look through the window in the glass fuse. If you can not see inside the fuse, then it is blown. Replacing the fuse should fix the circuit. If you have circuit breakers, the handle should be in the center position if the breaker has been tripped. To reset it, snap it off then back on again. The circuit is now reset.

Note: If the above does not correct the problem consult a licensed electrician.

Q: Why do I blow the circuit every time I use my hairdryer ?

A: Believe it or not a 1500 watt hairdryer consumes as much electricity as twenty-five 60 watt light bulbs. In combination with other electrical items on the circuit, this can overload the line and blow the circuit.

Q: Can I plug a 6000 BTU air conditioner into my existing outlets ?

A: No, most air conditioners that require a separate circuit from your breaker box. Consult the installation directions that came with your unit for the proper size circuit requirements.

Q: How can I save Electricity in my home ?

A: One of the easiest ways is with dimming switches.

Q. Can I get hurt working on a low voltage telephone system ?

A. Yes, telephone systems can carry 90 volts at times.

Q. Are 3 prong adapters safe to use in a 2 prong receptacle ?

A. No, 3 prong adapters assume that a ground is present when in most cases, it is not. Consult an electrician to install 3 prong grounded receptacles.

Q. Where is ground fault circuit interruption required?

A. Ground fault circuit interruption is required in kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and outdoors... anywhere there is a potential relationship between electricity and moisture.